Friday, March 20, 2009

First Entry

 This is my first blog, so I'm sorry if it takes me some time to get into this. Not that I expect anyone to be reading...

I turned 21 on Monday. I'm a student. I'm an artist and book artist. I make my own shoes and jewelry. I also sew and quilt, which I come by quite naturally as my mother and grandmother and so forth and so forth are all quilters and cross stitchers. I plan to use this blog as another opportunity to show my artwork to others and just a way to get my name out there. I plan to post pictures of artwork, of my jewelry, art quilts, prints, sketches, flip-flops, my handmade lizards, etc...

I also have two cats, that I call my kitlets, whom I love oh so much. Lily and Lulu, barely a year old. Found in the snow in Memphis, TN, a friend of mine took them in, only to find out she was allergic. So I agreed to adopt one, and then saw how perfectly adorable they are together; cleaning each others ears, sleeping with their heads together, chasing each other down the hall, playing hide and seek, and so on. So I took both. 

I live (currently, at least) in Waddy, Kentucky. Which is about 40 minutes east of Louisville, and ten minutes west of Frankfort. And three hours northeast of Memphis TN, which is where I was living a year ago. And a year before that I was living in Baltimore, Maryland. College has been a bitch. There's not much more reason for it. I hate packing my stuff up and unpacking, but I do love a new place. Where you're unknown. It's like starting over. A tabula rasa... that philosophy class this semester has been great. Easy too.

That's my little introduction speech.
So, for the first time,
Chimpie out.

No comments:

Post a Comment