Tuesday, June 2, 2009



The Monkey ATC I sent to Annet via Swapbot! I had so much fun making this ATC. I'm making a 2nd one for myself now!

I used felt pieces and hand stitched them on top of a piece of batik fabric. The batik was green with little marks on it that sort of gave it a leafy look. The monkey was a pattern out of FUN STUFF, an Aranzi Aronzo book (I think that's their name... I'd have to check tho). It was a pattern to go on a change purse or be a keychain. But I thought, what a great little ATC that could make! So I took their monkey pattern, and then found a background fabric, and then designed what I wanted it to look like. I cut out the leaves and little branches out of felt, using my own patterns. I kept tweaking it trying to make it perfect. And I'm very happy with the result. I'm happy to share the pattern too.

3 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely ATC. I like how you made his tail. This is one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I thought he was so cute and it seemed fitting that we trade a beautiful bird for a cute monkey! I had his tail as just a piece felt, and then when my kitten decided to make a mess and drench him, I threw away the felt tail, and thought I'd try something different! I am so glad you like him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! (a visitor via Annet's blog)

    ReplyDelete