Friday, June 5, 2009

"obscene" atc swap

The following image is for "obscene atc swap" It uses curse words and images that may not be appropriate or to your taste. Be warned.


This swap for "obscene" atc's is a challenge. Which is exactly why I signed up for it. I thought, how do i make an atc that is obscene, while still being a small piece of art and not be offensive or crude.... Well, I made my first one. I used Georgia O'Keefe as inspiration, drawing a flower that looks very yonic and coloring it very pink and red, and then just to go the extra obscene mile, I wrote small curse words in the background. I actually couldn't think of very many different ones. I think there's about 4, maybe 5, and they're all short words.





I drew with India ink pens, and then colored using Neocolor watersoluble wax pastels (or crayons). I did use water to blend them, but went over them again to make them darker. I scanned the images using my printer, so they look a little different. Scanners catch all the details the eye normally doesn't see.

I'm not sure I'll post the image of the 2nd atc I made. For it I'm using 1960's dark humor erotic illustrations for inspiration, by Tetsu. I found them in Taschen's Erotica book series.

No comments:

Post a Comment